By remaining on this site, you are agreeing to all of the terms listed below.
a. Any content from ShellyRawlings.com (also referred to hereafter as “this blog,” “the site,” or “this site”) may not be republished on another site or in any print publication without prior written consent of blog owner (Michelle Rawlings). This includes, but is not limited to: blog posts, images, videos, and audio files.
- For the purposes of review or commentary, readers may re-post an excerpt of up to 300 words (or 60 seconds of video footage) from this site on their own website or blog with a link back to the original post. Excerpts must be in exact text and may not be altered, sold, or translated.
- Readers of this blog may print up to 45 copies of any post, comment, or other ShellyRawlings.com content as needed for personal, educational, review, or otherwise non-commercial purposes only, with citation. This text may not be changed, altered, or translated in any way, and cannot appear in a publication alongside any other text. Any other print use of a post from this blog is strictly prohibited unless prior written consent has been granted by blog owner (Michelle Rawlings).
For special permissions, please contact me.
a. All written content on ShellyRawlings.com was created by blog owner (Michelle Rawlings) and is the property of blog owner (Michelle Rawlings) unless otherwise stated. Unless it has been otherwise arranged in writing (electronic writing may be permissible), any guest post on ShellyRawlings.com may not be republished on another site or print publication.
b. Contributions to ShellyRawlings.com, including guest posts and comments from outside writers, are subject to appear elsewhere on this site or in its promotional materials.
c. In no circumstance should any media appearing on this blog be duplicated and used to promote any other blog, website, influencer, or company without prior written consent. This includes using ShellyRawlings.com content in social media posts.
d. Special considerations:
- Media Content:
- Some photos on this blog may be courtesy of a stock photo site. If that is the case, permission has been granted/purchased for use of the photo, or the photo is public domain property and no permission is necessary. These photos, even if public domain, should not be copied from this blog for duplication; it is preferred that you visit the stock photo site and download/purchase the image yourself.
- Some photos on this blog are taken by blog owner (Michelle Rawlings) and are property of her and this blog. Duplication of these photos without prior written consent is prohibited.
- Some photos are owned by other entities, such as those used to promote products on various websites/stores (see below for affiliation information) and exclusive or non-exclusive infographics. Duplication of these photos is prohibited and permission for other use cannot be granted by Michelle Rawlings or this blog.
- Some videos may be uploaded or embedded on this blog, either from YouTube or another video service provider. Unless otherwise clearly stated, any uploaded videos are the intellectual property of blog owner (Michelle Rawlings) to the extent of the video service provider’s allowance, and should not be duplicated or used to promote any other site, company, or influencer.
- Videos on this site that are created or maintained by Michelle Rawlings (either on this blog via WordPress or via another service provider) may include audio that is not solely owned by Michelle Rawlings or this blog. Permission for use of this audio is clearly stated either in the video description or on the post page on this blog. Duplication of this audio is prohibited and permission for other use cannot be granted by Michelle Rawlings or this blog.
Limitation Of Liability:
a. Contributors to this blog (including blog owner, guest posters, and commenters) hold no responsibility for mistakes, errors, or omissions in any of their contributions to this site.
b. It can be assumed, unless otherwise clearly stated, that any opinion or advice posted on ShellyRawlings.com does not reflect a professional opinion. Neither contributors nor blog owner are posing as a professional counselor, dietitian, lawyer, etc., and thus, contributions should be viewed in this light. Unless otherwise stated, any advice given has grounds only in personal, general knowledge or experience, not in fact or professional training.
c. Michelle Rawlings cannot be held liable for any damages arising out of the use or inability to use any materials on this blog.
d. ShellyRawlings.com is not responsible for the content of sites that it hyperlinks to, including in sponsored (see below for more information) or affiliate (see below) links. Once the user has left ShellyRawlings.com (or MichelleRawlingsBlog.com or MichelleAdamsBlog.com), ShellyRawlings.com assumes no responsibility for content or other offenses.
e. ShellyRawlings.com is not responsible for content that appears in advertising on this site. Advertising is provided via WordAds by Automattic.
f. Blog owner (Michelle Rawlings) nor any guest posting contributor to this site holds responsibility for user-generated content (e.g. comments), be they libelous, spam, or otherwise unlawful or offensive. Commenters can be held responsible if it is found that their comment conflicts with law, and any comment may be promptly removed without notice.
g. Any contribution (be it comment or guest post) to ShellyRawlings.com can be removed from this site without notice at any time, for any reason. If it is found to the blog owner that the contribution violates a law, blog owner may address this accordingly, and, as previously stated, contributor will hold responsibility for their contribution.
h. Any contribution to ShellyRawlings.com is subject to deletion without notice should this site (or any part of it, including individual posts or media like photos and videos) ever be terminated or deleted for any or no reason.
ShellyRawlings.com may collect user data for the following reasons and in the following ways:
- Data Used: To deliver this functionality and record activities around site management, the following information is captured: user email address, user role, user login, user display name, WordPress.com and local user IDs, the activity to be recorded, the WordPress.com-connected site ID of the site on which the activity takes place, the site’s Jetpack version, and the timestamp of the activity. Some activities may also include the actor’s IP address (login attempts, for example) and user agent.
- Activity Tracked: Login attempts/actions, post and page update and publish actions, comment/pingback submission and management actions, plugin and theme management actions, widget updates, user management actions, and the modification of other various site settings and options. Retention duration of activity data depends on the site’s plan and activity type. Click here to see the complete list of currently-recorded activities (along with retention information).
- Data Synced: Successful and failed login attempts, which will include the actor’s IP address and user agent.
- Data Used: The following information (made available from the visitor’s browser) is collected and sent to Automattic’s Demand Partners: IP address, geographical data (derived from the IP address), user agent, operating system, device type, unique user ID (randomly generated identifier), current URL, and IAB (Interactive Advertising Bureau) interest category. Log data (IP address, geographical data, user agent, operating system, device type) is stored for 30 days. The unique user ID is stored in cookies and is retained for 1 year.
- Activity Tracked: Ad impressions, video-related events (i.e. pause, mute, 100% plays, etc.) or errors, and ad click events. Various cookies are used for the following purposes: delivering targeted advertisements to specific visitors, storing user identifiers, and collecting anonymous ad platform stats.
c. Comment Likes
- Data Used: In order to process a comment like, the following information is used: WordPress.com user ID/username (you must be logged in to use this feature), the local site-specific user ID (if the user is signed in to the site on which the like occurred), and a true/false data point that tells us if the user liked a specific comment. If you perform a like action from one of our mobile apps, some additional information is used to track the activity: IP address, user agent, timestamp of event, blog ID, browser language, country code, and device info.
- Activity Tracked: Comment likes.
d. Contact Form
- Data Used: Akismet is enabled on this site. As such, the contact form submission data — IP address, user agent, name, email address, website, and message — is submitted to the Akismet service (also owned by Automattic) for the sole purpose of spam checking. The actual submission data is stored in the database of the site on which it was submitted (ShellyRawlings.com) and is emailed directly to the owner of the form (Michelle Rawlings). This email will include the submitter’s IP address, timestamp, name, email address, website, and message.
- Data Synced: Post and post meta data associated with a user’s contact form submission. Since Akismet is enabled on this site, the IP address and user agent originally submitted with the comment are synced, as well, as they are stored in post meta.
e. Gravatar Hovercards
- Data Used: This feature will send a hash of the user’s email address (if logged in to the site or WordPress.com — or if they submitted a comment on the site using their email address that is attached to an active Gravatar profile) to the Gravatar service (also owned by Automattic) in order to retrieve their profile image.
f. Jetpack Comments
- Data Used: Commenter’s name, email address, and site URL (if provided via the comment form), timestamp, and IP address. Additionally, a jetpack.wordpress.com IFrame receives the following data: WordPress.com blog ID attached to the site, ID of the post on which the comment is being submitted, commenter’s local user ID (if available), commenter’s local username (if available), commenter’s site URL (if available), MD5 hash of the commenter’s email address (if available), and the comment content. Akismet (also owned by Automattic) is enabled on this site; thus the following information is sent to that service for the sole purpose of spam checking: commenter’s name, email address, site URL, IP address, and user agent.
- Activity Tracked: The comment author’s name, email address, and site URL (if provided during the comment submission) are stored in cookies. Learn more about these cookies.
- Data Synced: All data and metadata (see above) associated with comments. This includes the status of the comment and, if Akismet is enabled on the site, whether or not it was classified as spam by Akismet.
- Contributions to ShellyRawlings.com are subject to appear elsewhere on the site or in its promotional materials.
- Data Used: In order to process a post like action, the following information is used: IP address, WordPress.com user ID, WordPress.com username, WordPress.com-connected site ID (on which the post was liked), post ID (of the post that was liked), user agent, timestamp of event, browser language, country code.
- Activity Tracked: Post likes.
h. Mobile Theme
- Data Used: A visitor’s preference on viewing the mobile version of a site.
- Activity Tracked: A cookie (
akm_mobile) is stored for 3.5 days to remember whether or not a visitor of the site wishes to view its mobile version. Learn more about this cookie.
- Data Used: IP address, WordPress.com user ID, WordPress.com username, WordPress.com-connected site ID and URL, Jetpack version, user agent, visiting URL, referring URL, timestamp of event, browser language, country code. Some visitor-related information or activity may be sent to the site owner (Michelle Rawlings) via this feature. This may include: email address, WordPress.com username, site URL, email address, comment content, follow actions, etc.
- Activity Tracked: Sending notifications (i.e. when we send a notification to a particular user), opening notifications (i.e. when a user opens a notification that they receive), performing an action from within the notification panel (e.g. liking a comment or marking a comment as spam), and clicking on any link from within the notification panel/interface.
- Data Used: In order to check login activity and potentially block fraudulent attempts, the following information is used: attempting user’s IP address, attempting user’s email address/username (i.e. according to the value they were attempting to use during the login process), and all IP-related HTTP headers attached to the attempting user.
- Activity Tracked: Failed login attempts (these include IP address and user agent). We also set a cookie (
jpp_math_pass) for 1 day to remember if/when a user has successfully completed a math captcha to prove that they’re a real human. Learn more about this cookie.
- Data Synced: Failed login attempts, which contain the user’s IP address, attempted username or email address, and user agent information.
- Data Used: Any of the visitor-chosen search filters and query data in order to process a search request on the WordPress.com servers.
- Data Used: To initiate and process subscriptions, the following information is used: subscriber’s email address and the ID of the post or comment (depending on the specific subscription being processed). In the event of a new subscription being initiated, we also collect some basic server data, including all of the subscribing user’s HTTP request headers, the IP address from which the subscribing user is viewing the page, and the URI which was given in order to access the page (
DOCUMENT_URI). This server data used for the exclusive purpose of monitoring and preventing abuse and spam.
- Activity Tracked: Functionality cookies are set for a duration of 347 days to remember a visitor’s blog and post subscription choices if, in fact, they have an active subscription.
n. Video Hosting
- Data Used: For video play tracking via WordPress.com Stats, the following information is used: viewer’s IP address, WordPress.com user ID (if logged in), WordPress.com username (if logged in), user agent, visiting URL, referring URL, timestamp of event, browser language, country code.
- Activity Tracked: Video plays.
a. Content appearing on ShellyRawlings.com may include affiliate or sponsored links. If this is the case, this will be made clear at or near the beginning of the post and possibly closer to the sponsored content, as well.
- This blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
- This blog participates in a referral program with Day Designer Planners.
- This blog participates in an affiliate program with ClassTracker.
- This blog participates in an affiliate program with Target.
- Other Sponsorships:
- As an HP Millennial Influencer Panel member, I received products, promotional items and educational material to use and share as I saw fit. Any opinions expressed by me are honest and reflect my actual experience.
- This all is permitted under WordPress.com’s monetization policies that allow for affiliate links and sponsored posts so long as they do not dominate content or spam.
b. Written content appearing on this blog that is not contributed by a guest poster, commenter, or other outside contributor is the opinion of blog owner Michelle Rawlings, and only Michelle Rawlings, and does not reflect the opinions of WordPress, Automattic, affiliate companies, sponsoring companies, or any other entity associated with Michelle Rawlings, including employers and contracting partners, unless otherwise clearly stated.
c. Blog owner (Michelle Rawlings) will review products based on personal experience. Reflections on this in the form of posts or comments to this blog or respective social media platforms, including YouTube, are her opinion, and cannot be bought or changed by any advertiser, sponsor, or affiliate.
a. This blog is maintained from the Commonwealth of Virginia, in the United States of America; laws applying to residents of the Commonwealth of Virginia, and federal laws of the United States of America, will therefore be followed and enforced.
a. ShellyRawlings.com is powered and hosted by WordPress.com (Automattic), and thus, follows its policies, as well.
- This may involve restrictions on comments, guest posts, and other contributions. For more information about these, and any other WordPress policies, click here.
b. By staying on this site, you agree to all WordPress policies.
This page was last updated Dec. 21, 2019.